How to make Cloud Eggs
You might have seen it on Instagram or somewhere else on the internet: this fluffy breakfast item called cloud egg.
Something new to add to your Sunday breakfast table to vary a little from scrambled, poached or boiled eggs.
We tried it 🙂
They are not hard to make.
What do you need?
- Optional: parmesan cheese, bacon, herbs
So here here is how to make Instagram’s new food trend:
- Pre-heat the oven to 220° Celsius
- Separate egg white and yolk
- Whip the egg whites until they are very stiff. You can now add parmesan cheese, herbs or bacon to your liking and season to taste.
- Scoop out the beaten egg whites onto a baking sheet covered with baking paper, making “clouds”
- Make a well in the center of each cloud for the yolk to be put in later on
- Bake the egg whites for 5 – 8 minutes until the clouds are coloured lightly
- Take them out of the oven, put the egg yolks into center well
- Bake for another 3 minutes
How did you like the cloud eggs?
Let me know in the comments!
If the egg yolks break while separating them or while putting them onto the clouds, don’t worry, your egg clouds will still be tasty (maybe a little less instagramable) 😉
That is what happened to 3 of our 4 eggs – but, hey, we tried for the first time and they still don’t look too bad :p